07 March 2013

Van Goff.


The Doctor: Between you and me, in a hundred words, where do you think Van Gogh rates in the history of art?

Curator: Well... um... big question, but, to me Van Gogh is the finest painter of them all. Certainly the most popular, great painter of all time. The most beloved, his command of colour most magnificent. He transformed the pain of his tormented life into ecstatic beauty. Pain is easy to portray, but to use your passion and pain to portray the ecstasy and joy and magnificence of our world, no one had ever done it before. Perhaps no one ever will again. To my mind, that strange, wild man who roamed the fields of Provence was not only the world's greatest artist, but also one of the greatest men who ever lived.

(Doctor Who Season 5 Episode 10)

2 comments:

  1. A few weeks ago, after you posted your first Doctor post, we started watching. We started with the first episode with David Tennant and now we are on season 4 the last episodes. The stupid dalic! however it's spelled. Hate them, most obnoxious alien!

    We are addicted. ha. Def very horribly cheesey moments, but it's still addicting. I LOVE Donna's character. Can't STAND Rose.

    We are watching the show now as I type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like Rose either! I wish she wasn't the companion the Doctor fell in love with. Season 4 was my favorite.

      Delete