09 November 2011

Halloween.

(Super cute Halloween creatures font from here)

I don't love Halloween (which is why I don't feel bad about posting our Halloween greeting card so late).
Sure I love candy. Especially when it's free. But Halloween doesn't have any candy specialties that I look forward to every year like Easter does. Candy corn just isn't special to me.

Also, it's always really hard for me to think of what I want to be for Halloween.
This year Baby Poole and I teamed up to be a jack-o-lantern. Jeff was obviously a Italian soccer player.
I had already finished my pumpkin sweater when Jeff decided to be a soccer player. I said, "Aw man! I should have been a soccer ball!" But Jeff said that would send the wrong message (because he doesn't kick me...he's not abusive).

We celebrated by going to an actual Halloween party where we ate themed treats and played games (This differs greatly from my party experience in college where parties mainly consisted of hanging out and eating food...if anyone brought some), and passing out candy to the children of Arcola.
Oh. And of course we watched Halloween movies. Like Hocus Pocus and Casper. None of that scary crap. This is an area where Halloween really excels. Movies. But the film making industry has really slacked lately. It seems like all of the good Halloween movies were made in the 90s.

So, yeah. It was a successful Halloween.
Jeff is already scheming about taking TadPoole trick-or-treating next year. His costume idea: kangaroos. He will carry the lil guy in his pouch.

Note: I refuse to skip over Thanksgiving and go straight into Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. 1, 4, 5, 7, 11, 13, 14 dearest and/or most true for me too (not the baby ones obviously…those are just so sweet though!). Lovely list. PS it wouldn’t let me comment on the one above…so I am commenting on this one! Maybe I am doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete