30 October 2010

The Wedding in Nauvoo.

On July 31, 2010 Jeff and I were married for time and all eternity in the Nauvoo, IL temple.
It was perfect.

We came out of the temple a little bit earlier than expected, but still had most everyone waiting outside for us. Our awesome photographer Devan Whitson (who took the beautiful images below) did the group shots, some of us around the temple, and then more of us around Nauvoo. When we were walking in downtown Nauvoo someone offered us a free sno cone and of course we accepted.

Once the photos were done we went to the Nauvoo Family Inn for a luncheon courtesy of Jeff's mom and step-dad. Jeff would probably remember better than me what we had to eat. I was just so excited to be married.

After lots of food and love, Jeff and I left for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Kingsley Inn across the river from Nauvoo in Fort Madison, IA. Our little vacation was super chill. We went to Nauvoo, Carthage, and Mark Twain's birthplace. Mostly we just hung out, watched a Red Box, ate some pizza, and enjoyed being married.


I've wanted a tea length wedding dress since I was in high school, and luckily vintage is so hot right now so it was easy to find. I Googled "1950s tea length wedding dress" and all sorts of variations of that until my eyeballs bled. I found my dress for $95 at Vintage Moon Baby. It fit like a dream and the only alterations were shortening the sleeves to 3/4 length and adding some fabric around the shoulder area (thanks, Mom). The slip I wore was my slip for my costume when I was in the City of Joseph pageant in Nauvoo. 

My shoes were from Urban Outfitters, earrings from Target, and hairpiece from Forever 21. I took off the pearls that came on it and sewed on a silver vintage button I found that had the letter "P" on it.

My mom and sister made my bouquet. I had a really hard time deciding if I wanted one or not, but I'm really glad I had one. They even put a super cute white butterfly in it.

Jeff REALLY wanted a bow tie. He easily found one online that he liked, but it took quite a bit more time to learn how to tie it. He got his suit when he was on his mission in Italy. He told the guy who sold it to him (and gave him a fatty discount) that he would wear it to his wedding.


While all of our wedding was beautiful, my favorite part was Nauvoo. I grew up going to Nauvoo practically every summer. I watched the Nauvoo temple be built and went to the open house. The town of Nauvoo is so rich in the spirit of the early members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We are so grateful that we were able to be married in the temple so that we can be together forever. We love the temples of God. We are also so grateful for all of our family and friends who made the long journey to Nauvoo to support us. It was a beautiful day.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. Wish we could've been there but we were in St. Paul for at the temple that day for a wedding and in Nauvoo on Aug 11th for another wedding. Sammi is going to love these photos when she finally gets to see them. Again congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your wedding photos are so dreamy! and how did you transfer old posts on your blog to this one? so cool. AND your header is AMAZING!!!! did you do that on photoshop? everything is perfect. can't wait to actually attend your ward.

    ReplyDelete