17 September 2010

Since My BYU-I won't work...

I've been pretty scholastic this semester. Even though last semester was hell, I got a 3.5 GPA. Which just goes to prove the less of a social life you have, the better your grades are (this is a generalization, but I think it's mostly true).

So here's what we've been up to. I may update with other posts. They will not be in chronological order.

Jeff's 25th B-Day


I woke up early and decorated. I also made Jeff creme brulee French toast and scrambled eggs. We had apple juice to drink since it's Jeff's favorite breakfast beverage (I prefer OJ). But I didn't take pictures of the food because I got up at like 7 am (during the summer). But it was pretty delish. I only have pictures of the decorations because we kept them up for a couple of weeks.

After breakfast we got ready to hike Devil's Staircase because that's what Jeff wanted to do for his b-day. My bright pink shoes are courtesy of Harper Casimiro who threw them into a giveaway pile last fall. They're the only athletic shoes I 've worn in years.


When we were passing this little creek that had a bunch of trees I turned to my right and saw a moose that was 10 feet away from me and then quietly and quickly turned around and told Jeff (I was scared). We had to wait a while until the moose traveled a little farther up the mountain. We named him Charlie Abercrombie Moose. He was nice.

It was a pretty decent hike. Then we came home and rested for a little bit. I made Jeff Southern Living enchiladas and cilantro lime rice (which I burnt...my bad) for dinner. Then a bunch of family and friends came over for chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches (Jeff's b-day request). I got Jeff Freaks and Geeks on DVD and we've been watching it basically every night since it came in the mail.




Don't judge our apartment based on the above pictures. I will finish decorating this weekend (hopefully) and post real pictures.

Also, earlier Jeff cut his thumb using our new cheese slicer and we had to go to Emergency Care. He's fine. They just bandaged it up. I think he did it on purpose so he wouldn't have to do the dishes for a while.

4 comments:

  1. Grade and a social life are absolutely 100% inversely coordinated. The more of a recluse, the higher the GPA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can testify to that. You know. haha. (the school thing)

    ReplyDelete
  3. see with the school thing... i dunno because i was pretty social in the winter and I got all A's (for the first and only time in my life). I think it partially also depends on the classes your taking and having friends in your classes helps.

    but that's not what I came here to say.

    i love hearing your adventures in married life. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your paint color in your apartment! did jeff tell you i saw him the other day and told him matt and I are moving to 30 college ave too! when we registered i decided to do our bathroom sea blue, tan, and white-so i'm obsessed with that paint color and WANT IT! how much is paint? hmmm p.s. we're living in 207 :)

    ReplyDelete