13 May 2010

The diamond ring bunny.

Yesterday was the best!
I had cupcakes for breakfast thanks to my printmaking teacher!
I got a diamond ring!
And a fiancee!
And a bunny!
And my grandpa who is in the hospital walked SEVENTY feet!

This is the story.
(I don't know if anyone cares but I'm going to put it on here anyway.)

Yesterday Jeff asked me if I wanted to go to Chuck-A-Rama (to do our secret shopping gig...it's a buffet) later that night. And I was like yeah sure. So I hurried to get my homework done so we could leave. On our way to Idaho Falls his grandma Washburn called and asked what we were doing and if we could stop by her house to take some stuff to Jeff's mom. I was thinking that was kinda crazy because they live like 10 minutes away from each other, but whatever. It kind of made sense we would do that.

So we stop at the Washburns' before Chuck-A-Rama and we're just sitting around talking, and Grandma Washburn mentioned how Grandpa had been working on the backyard so Jeff asked me if I wanted to go outside and see what he had done. And I was like yeah sure whatever.

We go outside and I was thinking that nothing really looked different but then a BUNNY jumps out from the bushes! It was on a rope so I was super excited because I thought Grandma and Grandpa Washburn had bought a pet bunny and I would be able to come play with it whenever I wanted! Then when I went to catch it I noticed there was a DIAMOND RING on the bunny's collar! Jeff came over and got down on one knee and asked me if I would marry him forever and all eternity. And I said yes! There was a yellow daisy (my fav) in the bushes but I was so excited about the bunny I didn't notice it.

It was so perfect! I had no idea he was going to propose that night. We've known we wanted to get married for quite a while now, though.

Afterward I called Mom, Kristen, & Jason and Dad to tell them. Mom and Kristen said it was about time. Haha. Then we ate dinner with the Washburns and Jeff's mom and step-dad came over for cake and ice cream.

Then we went to show my grandparents in the hospital and I wrapped the bunny up in a baby blanket and snuck it into my grandparents' room. Jeff borrowed the bunny from our friend Bryce's uncle and we were thinking we were going to have to give it back because neither of us can have animals in our apartments. But my grandma fell in love with it and offered to be its foster mother until we could keep it with us! She said we couldn't abandon our first child.

Trying to catch the diamond ring bunny.
Jeff told me he didn't come every year like the Easter bunny did.

After Jeff asked and I said yes.

Diamond! Fiancee! Bunny! Daisy!

Our little family (minus Arrah the fish).

We are getting married July 31, 2010 in the Nauvoo, IL LDS temple for time and all eternity. We will be having receptions in Indiana and in Idaho.

I can wholeheartedly say I know this is the right decision and I am so happy and excited!
I'm so glad I can start posting all the little wedding projects I've been working on for a few months now. Haha

I am very grateful for everyone's love and support. I have lots of really amazing people in my life. And now an amazing bunny, too.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Amy Doll! I'm so excited for you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy!! That's so exciting!!! Congrats!!! Looks like Time and All Eternity are going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYY! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo happy for you bby!!!!!! I'm glad the secret is finally out too and I don't have to keep my mouth shut anymore about how excited I've been that my bestie is getting married!!!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy this is so sweet and adorable and amazing and wonderful!!! I'm so happy and excited for you.

    :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this story!! Congratulations that is so exciting! I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete